In order to be protected from French occupation in the 1940s, Communist guerrilla troops known as Viet Cong dug tens thousands of miles of tunnels with their bare hands and simple tools and further expanded during the American War in the 1960s. Located 75 kilometres northwest of Ho Chi Minh city, the Cu Chi tunnels are an elaborate underground network made up of 250 km of tunnels and chambers in the town of Cu Chi. This huge network underground tunnels in Viet Nam which has been preserved by the Viet Nam government and has become a popular tourist attraction.
Joining group: VND540.000 ($23.99 USD)/Adult
Every Moring: 08:00AM
08:00 – 08:30: Pick you up at your hotel
FREE CITY HOTEL PICKUP
* Drive approximately 1.5 hour to Cu Chi tunnels
* Watch a brief propaganda video
* Visit the various traps used during the war
* Enter and crawl through one of the tunnels
* Take a relaxing break at the end of the excursion, which includes tasting native Cu Chi tapioca
* Drive back to Saigon and drop at your hotel.
13:00 – 13:30 Drop off at your hotels. Trip ends.
I had an amazing time with Khanh as he toured us from Saigon to the Cu Chi Tunnels. I highly recommend taking a tour with Kim Travel as it was fairly inexpensive and well timed out.